Over the last couple of weeks I have been working on a new interactive workshop called “Leadership, Happiness and Project Success”. The good news is that a first draft is done. 🙂
Please help build an interactive workshop for you and your projects
The realistic news is that a draft is just a draft is just a draft. This is why I want to reach out to you and ask you for your help refining this workshop for you and your projects. For this purpose please take a few minutes and read the syllabus of the workshop below and post your comments at the end of the page or contact me directly.
I can ensure that I will listen to every one of you and, of course, keep you in the loop.
Leadership, Happiness and Project Success:
Igniting the spirit of success within you, your team and your community
Project success is such an exciting, exhilarating and rewarding experience. Alas, most projects these days still fail. This workshop presents two crucial ingredients for project success: empowering leadership and happiness. It explains and explores why and how leadership can help you grow successful projects by actively accounting for happiness on the individual, group, project and organizational levels. You will learn how to find a clear focus of what you really want to achieve, create a strategy through principle centered leadership, resolve project issues and align your priorities for project success.
This is a highly interactive workshop. This means that throughout the workshop you will have the chance to apply all covered principles in individual and group exercises, thus strengthening your new understandings.
Individuals who are sincerely interested in finding new and transforming ways to project success. These can be individuals, project managers, project team members, line managers, line organizations, companies or social groups.
Group Size: 5 – 20 people (more can be arranged)
Duration: 2-3 days (shorter or longer duration can be arranged)
Location: There should be sufficient space for the group, i.e., one large room and ideally several smaller rooms for breakouts. Offsite: The best workshop experience can be achieved in an offsite location that allows the integration of outdoor activities into the program.
Preliminary Workshop Agenda
The workshop agenda can be customized to meet the special needs and interests of participants. A sample agenda for a full workshop over 2-3 days may look as follows:
I. Find a clear focus of what you really want to achieve
- Introduction: The project and you
- Project management approaches for project success
- The MVP for project success: Motivation, Vision, Project(s)
- Develop a first MVP for the issue(s) at hand [breakout exercise]
- The happiness advantage
- Build a three-dimensional MVP [breakout exercises]
- 1st dimension: What’s your personal MVP?
- 2nd dimension: What is the MVP of your team?
- 3rd dimension: Develop a compelling project MVP
II. Create a strategy through principle centered leadership
- Critical factors for project success
- The 5 project leadership principles
- Set up your project for success [breakout exercise]
- Build a prototype [breakout exercise]
- Continuous learning and performance
- Team and community building
III. Resolve conflicts and align your priorities
- Resolve any and all inner issues, fears and obstacles
- Align your priorities
- Practice holistic leadership
- Review: Align and prioritize your project(s) [optional breakout exercise]
- The meaning of empowering leadership, happiness and project success
- Next steps