3 pillars for success: Finding a clear focus, effective strategy and aligned priorities
Today I have come across a truly inspirational video showing Tony Robbins speaking about The Art of Focusing. What does this have to do with projects? A lot, i.e. if you are interested in project success I highly recommend you take a few minutes to watch Robbins’ speech.
“In this Anthony Robbins speech, the award-winning author and motivational speaker presents his three pillars of success. To find success and absolute happiness in life, Robbins believes that individuals must first find a clear focus of what it is they want to accomplish; second, they must create a strategy with the best tools possible; and third, they must resolve any and all inner conflicts.
- The first step requires evaluating where you are right now and having a clear vision of where it is you want to be. Robbins believes that focusing on what you don’t want or where you don’t want to be will waste all of your positive energy.
- The second step requires making yourself a map (a strategy or plan) and finding yourself a mentor who can provide you with encouragement and shortcuts.
- The last step involves ridding yourself of any conflicting priorities or commitments.
80 percent of success rates in anything depend on psychology, while the other 20 percent depends on mechanics.
[In a nutshell:] Finding a clear focus, effective strategy and aligned priorities are the components of Robbins’ recipe for success.”
What about my project success?
Robbin’s 3 pillars for success are easily applicable to the project world, too, namely:
- … evaluating where you are right now and having a clear vision of where it is you want to be:
-> Develop a solid Motivation, Vision and Project Goals with your team and follow through. Don’t know how, check out my seminar “Building your MVP for Project Success“
- … making yourself a map (a strategy or plan):
-> The 5 Leadership Principles for Project Success give a you this map
- … ridding yourself of any conflicting priorities or commitments:
-> If you and your team have developed an MVP for your project, this gives you a clear direction. Stick to it and follow through.
Mein neues Buch erscheint am:
- Book Recommendations
- Company News
- Creative Economy
- Future of Work
- Guest Blogs
- HIP Camp
- Human Business
- Project failure
- Project Management
- Project success
- TJEP company
- Upcoming Events
- WOW projects